So my dear friend Mackenzie does “Friday Faves” where she posts some of her favorite things on her blog. I absolutely love this because I’ve discovered so many great things from it. I think more people need to share their favorite, go-to items, because we all gotta help a sister (or brother) out. I’ve also discovered so many great items from people’s insta posts, for example my absolute FAVORITE pair of jeans! So here we go:
- Since it’s now winter and the weather is getting colder this is the perfect Top Tuesday item: Vanilla Bean Macaron Tazo tea– A black tea confection with notes of fragrant vanilla and a dash of cinnamon. The ingredients are: black tea, natural flavours, chicory root, cocoa peel, licorice root, roasted verba mate, cinnamon, and cardamom. I’ve tried a lot of different teas and most times they taste nothing like what their name is. This tea is absolutely delish! It’s actually part of Tazo’s Dessert Delights Collection. There are two others that I am anxious to try: Butterscotch Blondie and Glazed Lemon Loaf. I’m specifically excited for the lemon one, because lemon is my favorite dessert (speaking of currently I just ate a lemon bundt cake 😛 ).
2. The second “thing” on my list today is Becca Tilley’s podcast “Scrubbing in with Becca Tilley”. I’ve been totally obsessed with it lately and have binged it. Mackenzie recommended it to me and I’m so thankful. It’s such a relatable podcast and Becca and Tilley are absolutely hilarious. I find myself laughing out loud every episode. They answer people’s questions and give them advice. They have guests on the podcast who help give advice and talk about their lives. My favorite so far was Jana Kramer. I’m still only on episode 26/60. Each episode is about one hour to an hour and a half. I recently have been listening to the podcast on my drive to work in the morning. One of my favorite topics was “do guys screenshot their text messages with girls and ask their guy friends what to say”. Becca and Tanya called a couple of their guy friends to get their opinions and it was so funny, yet so educational! lol
3. It’s a 10! leave in conditioner is a staple in my bathroom! My hair is an absolute wreck to brush through even after deeply conditioning it in the shower. Not ONLY does this serve as a detangler, it does 9 other amazing things. I used to buy multiple hair products, but now I only have to buy one product. Here’s the 10 things that it does: 1. Repairs dry, damaged hair 2. Adds shine 3. Detangles 4. Controls frizz 5. Seals and protects hair color 6. Prevents split ends 7.Stops hair breakage 8. Creates silkiness 9. Enhances natural body 10. Flat iron spray and thermal protection. AND it smells so good!
4. I have never been a person that sleeps well in cars or on planes..until I bought a Cabeau travel pillow. It literally changed my travel game! It is a plush memory foam so it’s supportive, yet comfortable. It shrinks to 1/4th of the size (so it doesn’t take up your entire carry on) and comes with a bag to store it in. The cover comes off so that you can wash all your makeup off of it. It has an adjustable front strap so that the pillow stays snug around your neck. It seriously is the best $40 I’ve spent ($80 to be technical. Of course someone jacked my pillow at the airport one time). I now am well rested for all my trips and don’t have to worry about restless flights.
5. I’ve always been a PopSocket girl, but recently changed my ways after my aunt introduced me to a different version that I wasn’t sure about at first. She had a ring that turned 360, Case-Mate Smartphone Ring dotted – Rose Gold. I tested it out on her phone and ended up loving it. Now there are a lot of different rings, but this is the one that she had and then I in turn bought it as well and love the rose gold color. It is so sleek and works so so well for selfies and to prop your phone up to watch movies. I don’t know why, but I love it so much more than the PopSocket. Check it out!
Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite things!